COVID Launch Attendance Rules:
**We have listed our COVID warning, but please protect yourself. If you have not been vaccinated, wear a mask. The rest below is just here in case we need to start it again. **
This period is a trying time. COVID can be a serious illness. Please help us protect our club, launch site, and our members from this dreaded virus.
Rule 1: Masks MUST be worn at or near the LCO table.
Rule 2: No crowding the LCO and unless you are flying with family & close friends, everyone will maintain a safe distance of 6'. Violators will not be tolerated!
Rule 3: No one touches anything on the LCO table.
Rule 4: Everyone should have their own writing utensil and this writing utensil shall be used for continuity testing at the pad (zero human contact if at all possible).
Rule 5: Any rocket that needs an RSO inspection will not be handled by anyone other than the flyer. The flyer will point out any items on the rocket that might be a concern.
Rule 6: Flyers are expected to have some type of hand sanitizer and a mask.
Rule 7: If you’re sick, not feeling well or have a fever, go or stay home!
Rule 8: We are limited in the number of people we can have on the field at a time. We will do a lottery to limit numbers.
Rule 9: Use the facilities before you arrive. There will not restrooms or port-a-potties available on the field.
Ways to avoid catching or passing COVID at rocket launches:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Maintain 6 feet distance yourself and other people (social distancing). If you cannot maintain 6 feet distancing, wear a mask.
- Stay home when sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or cough and sneeze into your elbow if you can't cover with a tissue.
- Do not touch any common surfaces that others might have touched. Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily using regular household detergent and water.
- Bring your own pen. Never use someone else's writing instruments.
- Only use pick up or drive through to get meals.
- Bring hand sanitizer and use it before and after touching any surface.
- Bring sanitizing wipes to clean all surfaces. Encourage people not to touch surfaces.
- Clean all common surfaces several times per day.
- Any rocket inspections should be no-touch inspections. The rocket should remain in the flier's hands.
- Reduce the overall number of attendees. Any larger gatherings offer more opportunities for person-to-person contact and therefore pose a greater risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Consider single-day events to avoid hotels and need for restaurants.
COVID Packing List:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Your Own INK Pen
- Sanitizer wipes
- A mask